Exciting Growth at The Fieldhouse
The Fieldhouse is located at 1388 Center Drive, Park City.
We are excited to announce that The Fieldhouse is expanding! The expansion comes in response to the expressed needs of our community and will be primarily funded by the 2014 Snyderville Basin Special Recreation District bond. We are adding approximately 29,800 square feet to the existing 55,500 square feet to create an 85,300 square foot facility. This will be the third and final expansion of The Fieldhouse.
Construction started on June 27, 2016 with a scheduled completion date of March/April, 2017.
NEW items (and details) to be completed include:
- Multi-purpose gymnasium, including 3 volleyball courts, 2 basketball courts (multi-purpose rubber flooring), 2 soccer/lacrosse courts (multi-purpose rubber flooring), and 6 pickleball courts
- Outdoor 4 lane lap swim pool
- Outdoor warming/hot tub
- Expanded upstairs fitness area for stretching/core and cardio
- Party/meeting room
- Additional support spaces
- Additional athletic storage areas
Progress at The Fieldhouse:
You are probably noticing big changes when you visit The Fieldhouse. Excavating, trenching, the rough form of a pool - all very exciting. In the coming weeks we will continue to dig the pool, lay footings and start pouring concrete. Please bear with us during these beginnings stages of construction. Okland is working hard to keep the project moving with minimal interruption to use of The Fieldhouse. If you have any questions, please let us know!
Updated: January 18, 2017
- All roofing material is complete.
- Roof top mechanical equipment is set and in place.
- Exterior siding is currently underway and will be complete in mid-February.
- Front section window frames are set and will be complete by early February.
- All interior mechanical and electrical is underway and on schedule.
- Interior framing and insulation is underway.
- Completion date is still on schedule for mid to end of April, 2017.
- Stay tuned for lap pool and grand opening events sometime in May, 2017.
Thanks to a grant from Rocky Mountain Power's Blue Sky program customers, the final phase of The Fieldhouse will be adding a 74,100 watt grid tied roof-mounted PV system from Alpenglow. The roof of the new multi-purpose court space will have 260 solar panels providing approximately 99,115 kWh with an estimated $6,000 annual energy savings. The District is doing its part to lessen the carbon footprint by avoiding 153,563 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions. Along with the additional of the solar panels, 100% of the lighting in the existing building and expansion will be LED lights and fixtures.
We will utilize this page to show pictures of The Fieldhouse expansion progress and to update you with important and current information (such as closures, class cancelations, etc.). We will also stay current on Facebook and Twitter so make sure to LIKE/FOLLOW us! For more information about The Fieldhouse expansion project please email Matt Strader at email@example.com.